Being a member of a union is about being part of a team that supports each other and fights together to help build better working lives.
The bigger the team, the stronger and more persuasive the voice – which is why unions are successful in advocating for improved working conditions, more skill development, better career pathways, and fairer wages and entitlements.
United Voice comprises workers, delegates and union representatives who are committed to fighting injustice in the workplace to ensure employers and governments don’t take advantage of hardworking Queenslanders.
By standing united we’re in the best position to pressure these decision makers who hold your livelihood in their hands. Together, we can bring about positive change that you want to see.
Check out some of our recent wins for our members
Union membership fees may also be tax deductable.
What we offer
With United Voice behind you, support is right there when you need it. Being a member of United Voice Queensland entitles you to a lot of great benefits, including:
- Access to information about your rights at work
- Help interpreting enterprise agreements, Awards and other workplace documents
- Industrial advice, support and protection
- Advice on workplace health and safety issues
- Trained delegates to support you in the workplace
- Opportunities to become an active member
- Access to United Voice training courses (conditions apply)
- Informative newsletters and email bulletins
- Collaboration on Facebook and Twitter
- A dedicated Ambulance App
- Benefits that can save you money with a variety of retailers and service providers
Help from our Member Assist team seven days a week. Call us on 1800 065 885 (toll free) or (07) 3291 4600 or complete the online contact form.
Here are some ways to give your super some TLC from AustralianSuper
Check what fund you’re with (and congrats if you’re with us!)
Look for low fees, strong long-term performance and a members first philosophy (like AustralianSuper). Compare funds now
Reunite with your lost super
Having your super money sitting in different funds means paying more fees than you need. Plus your money isn’t growing as fast as could be. If you’re an AustralianSuper member, here’s how to consolidate your super
Check you’re being paid
AustralianSuper members can check-in on their super including when they get paid using our mobile app. If this is you, you can find it on the App store or on Google Play. Explore what the app can do for you
ME Bank was created for one reason – to offer members a genuine banking alternative with better value banking and real service.
From the beginning ME Bank has been about banking that’s simple, low cost, fair and transparent. United Voice members get more. Visit www.mebank.com.au/benefitsunitedvoice or call 13 15 63.
Union Health fund offers members first rate private health insurance cover for hospital and extras. Call 1300 661 283 for information.
- Windsor Income Protection offers members insurance cover for funeral benefits (conditions apply). Call 1300 547 966 for information.