United Voice supports the QAS flu strategy and encourages all members to be vaccinated.
QAS offer a variety of methods for staff to access free vaccinations:
• Nurse Immuniser
• Health and Hospital Service (HHS) based/station clinics
For staff working outside of areas where these methods cannot be accessed there are a number of Pharmacy Clinics available or you can visit your local GP and be reimbursed by QAS for the cost of your vaccination. Check QAS portal for more information.
TOP TIPS TO AVOID GETTING OR SPREADING THE FLU:
• Get a flu shot every year
• Use your Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Standard + Droplet Precautions when patients have flu symptoms)
• Wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol based hand sanitiser
• Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze
• Dispose of used tissues immediately then wash your hands
• Stay at home if you have flu symptoms.